Skip to content
We want your stay at Halcomb’s Knob Bed and Breakfast to be a memorable experience. Whether business or pleasure, our goal is to deliver excellent service and to go beyond your expectations. To assure that our guests face no surprises when they arrive, we ask that you read through our policies for information regarding rates, cancellations, check-in/out times, and more.
- Accepted Payment Methods: Cash, Debit Cards, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Personal Checks (subject to a $30 return check fee), Traveler’s Checks, and Gift Certificates.
- Deposit Required: 50% of rental (minimum 1-night charge) is due by cash, check, money order, traveler’s check, or credit/debit card when your reservation is made. The balance is due at check-in. You are responsible for the entire amount of your rental agreement. All payments are guaranteed by a valid Credit or Debit Card.
- Rates & Taxes: Subject to a 6% State Sales Tax, 1% Transient Room Tax, and 0.07% Tourism Tax. Prices may vary from outdated quotes on other websites, and from quotes involving holidays or festival weekends as we do not discount for holiday or festival periods. Gift Certificates/Gift Cards values are valid for one year for the amount of purchase.
- Minimum/Maximum Stay: No minimum stay required, unless otherwise noted.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT POLICIES:
- Check-in begins at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Halcomb’s Knob will hold Guest’s reservations until 6:00 p.m. on the date of arrival. After 6:00 p.m. the room will be released for resale, unless the guest made arrangements for a late check-in.
- Early arrivals will be assessed a $50 fee for urgent and extra housekeeping preparations related to unexpected arrivals. Early arrivals must be pre-arranged and agreeable by the Innkeeper. Please no early drop-off of bags or in-room items.
- Late arrivals after 9:00pm require advance notification and Key Arrangements to be provided. Please, no calls or unexpected arrivals after 11:00pm out of respect and courtesy of other house guests.
- Check-out is between 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Eastern Time.
- Late check-outs:Unless previous arrangements have been made with the innkeeper, a $50 fee will be charged for late check-outs after 11:00 a.m. Check-outs after 12:00 p.m. will incur another night’s rent..
- Drive-bys are permissible, but not for tours of the Inn, use of bathrooms, or other reasons for unexpected arrivals.
- Rates are based on Double Occupancy (exception: The West Pinnacle is single occupancy only)
- Children, over the age of 16 are welcome, but must be accompanied by an adult of at least 21 years of age.
- Pets are strictly prohibited, as we are an active working farm with seasonal livestock often on-site.
- Smoking: NO SMOKING is allowed INSIDE the Inn; smoking allowed OUTSIDE only. A $250 fee will be charged should there be any damages or lingering smoke as a result of a guest smoking anywhere inside the home.
- Candles: Not permitted. The Inn’s fire suppression system and alarms are very sensitive. Damages resulting from melted wax, fire or water damage clean-up will be charged to the guest or guests responsible.
- Payment: Each guest is expected to pay for any and all charges related to their stay at Halcomb’s Knob Farm and B&B.
- Owner’s Rights: Halcomb’s Knob Farm and B&B is privately owned and operated. Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. We will not be responsible for guest accidents or injury, or for loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.
- Property Issues: Any damages, stolen items, or broken items occurring during the stay will be the full financial responsibility of the guest, including anyone traveling with the guest. Any special clean-up resulting in damages caused by the guests will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of reservation. Charges may need to be applied after the departure as deemed necessary by the Owner/Innkeeper.
- Early Departures: Should you need to depart prior to your reservation end-date you will be expected to fulfill your full reservation commitment.
- Cancellations: Small inns are greatly affected by cancellations. Others are turned away when you agree to rent your room(s). Therefore, we have established a fair payment policy. Should you cancel outside of 14 days prior to arrival, your deposit will be refunded, less a $35/room/night Administration/Re-booking Fee. Should you cancel 14 days or less of your scheduled arrival date (30 days for groups involving more than 1 guest room), your entire deposit will be forfeited unless we can re-book your room so it does not result in a loss of business. Upon our ability to re-book your room/s, your deposit will then be refunded less the $35/room/night Administration/Re-booking Fee. Cancellations within 7 days require the full reservation value to be charged to the credit card provided at the time of making the reservation.
- No Show: Should you not check-in for a scheduled reservation you will be charged the balance owed for the entire reservation. You will also forfeit any rights and privileges inherent in the reservation.
- Trip Cancellation Plan AVAILABLE (request when making reservation): If you have to cancel up to 12pm EST the day of your arrival, you receive a FULL REFUND of your DEPOSIT less a $35 Administration Fee. The cost of the plan is only 15% of your reserved room rate. Pre-payment of the full value of your reservation is required in advance for this plan using a Credit or Debit Card.
- Gift certificates are available and can be purchased by the night, by the Specials package, or by a dollar amount. If you have a Halcomb’s Knob B&B certificate for one of our packages and you wish to redeem it during a Premium Event, a $150 service charge per night will be added. These Premium Events include the Keeneland Race Meets (Thur.-Sat. in April & Oct.) and the Rolex Three-Day Events (last weekend in April)
- Professional Photos: No professional or wedding photos may be taken on the premises without the express permission of the Innkeeper. If permission is granted a $250 fee may be charged for photos taken on the premises.
- Sub-Letting: A guest shall not sub-let or grant any license to use the Premises or any part thereof without the prior written consent of the Innkeeper.