Skip to content
We want your stay at Halcomb’s Knob Bed and Breakfast to be a memorable experience. Whether business or pleasure, our goal is to deliver excellent service and to go beyond your expectations. To assure that our guests face no surprises when they arrive, we ask that you read through our policies for information regarding rates, cancellations, check-in/out times, and more.
GENERAL INN POLICIES:
- Check-In/Check-Out Time: Check-In is between 3:00 -9:00 PM EDT and Check-Out is by 11:00 AM. Early arrivals will be turned away, unless advance arrangements have been agreed upon. Please no early drop-off of bags or in-room items. Drive-bys are permissible, but not for tours/history of the Inn, use of bathrooms, or other reasons for unexpected arrivals. Late Arrivals after 9:00 PM require advance notification. Please, no calls or unexpected arrivals after 11:00 PM, out of respect and courtesy of other guests. We also appreciate a call when you are 30 minutes away from the Inn, ensuring our presence at your time of check-in.
- Children: CANNOT be accommodated.
- Pets & Livestock: As a small agricultural farm, Halcomb’s Knob Inn is home to an Australian cattle dog and cat. As such our Inn is unable to accommodate guests traveling with personal pets.
- Service Canines: With the exception of certified service canines, Halcomb’s Knob has a strict NO pets policy. Guests traveling with service canines will be financially responsible for any and all damages resulting from their service canines.
- Smoking & Vapor Cigarettes: NO SMOKING or vapor cigarettes are allowed inside the Inn. A $250 fee will be charged to guests in violation of this policy. Designated outdoor areas are available for smoking & vaping.
- Candles: Prohibited – Sorry, but our fire alarms are very sensitive, our insurance prohibits candle use, and you will be responsible for all charges resulting in clean-up of wax or fire damages.
- Alcohol & Illicit Drugs: Halcomb’s Knob Farm and B&B, located in the dry county of Garrard County, Kentucky complies fully with local and state regulations regarding the sale, possession, and
consumption of alcoholic beverages. As such, Halcomb’s Knob Farm and B&B is a dry venue. Likewise, the manufacture, possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs or controlled substances on the farm’s property or as part of any venue rental’s activities is strictly prohibited.
- Early Departures: Should you need to depart prior to your reservation end-date you will be expected to fulfill your reservation commitment.
- Damages, Stolen or Broken Items: Any property damages, stolen items, or broken items occurring during the stay will be the full financial responsibility of the Guest. This includes the responsibility of everyone in the Guest Party. Any special clean-up resulting in damages caused by the Guest will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of making the reservation. Charges may need to be applied after the departure of the Guest as deemed necessary by the Owner/Innkeeper.
- Deposit Required: Small inns are greatly affected by cancellations. Others are turned away when you agree to rent a room(s). Therefore, we have established a fair payment policy: 50% of rental (minimum 1-night charge) is due by cash, check, money order, traveler’s check, or credit/debit card when your reservation is made. The balance is due at the end of your stay or rental agreement. You are responsible for the entire amount of your rental agreement. All payments are guaranteed by a valid Credit or Debit Card.
- Rates & Taxes: Subject to a 6% State Sales Tax, 1% Transient Room Tax, and 0.07% Tourism Tax. Prices may vary from other website quotes not updated and from quotes involving holidays or special event weekends.
- Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. The property is privately owned and operated. Should there be any disorderly conduct, disrespect to owners and other guests, intentional damage, or non-compliance with our Inn’s policies, you may be asked to leave at any time.
- Waiver of Liability: Owners will not be held liable for accidents or injury to Guests or for loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.
- Cancellations/Changes made by Noon 14 days prior to the reservation date will receive a refund of the deposit less a $35 (per room) re-booking fee. Cancellations made less than 14 days before the reservation date will forfeit the deposit and you will be required to pay the balance owed for the entire reservation. We are a small business and we commit to you that we will be here when you reserve the time, by your reservation, you commit that you will be here for the time of your reservation.
- Gift certificates are available and can be purchased by the night, by the Specials package, or by a dollar amount. If you have a Halcomb’s Knob B&B certificate for one of our packages and you wish to redeem it during a Premium Event, a $150 service charge per night will be added. These Premium Events include the Keeneland Race Meets (Thur.-Sat. in April & Oct.) and the Rolex Three-Day Events (last weekend in April)
- Professional Photos: No professional or wedding photos may be taken on the premises without the express permission of the Innkeeper. If permission is granted a $250 fee may be charged for photos taken on the premises.
- Sub-Letting: A guest shall not sub-let or grant any license to use the Premises or any part thereof without the prior written consent of the Innkeeper.